To help you, we’ve shared some of our most commonly asked questions.
Q) How do I know if I have solved the Revomaze?
A) A) The dots should align and the shaft should loosen if you think you’ve solved your Revomaze. Tap the Revomaze gently against a soft surface to avoid damaging the puzzle, and the shaft should come all the way out, exposing the maze! When opening the puzzle, small components such as pins can fall out; be mindful of this to avoid losing pieces.
Q) How do I place an order?
A) A) We are solely an online store that accepts orders from our website. We’re sorry, but we can’t take orders over the phone. We will be able to make other arrangements for you if there are any problems with the website. To place an order, go to the product you want to purchase and press “add to basket.”
If you’ve done adding things to your basket, proceed to checkout, where you can fill out all of your personal information and make your payment. Your order will be effective until payment is received, and the team will get to work preparing your order.
Q) What is the difference between V1 and V3?
A) The V1 shaft was nickel plated after being made of brass. The V3 has a brass maze and a stainless steel body.
What is nickel plating, you might ask? The nickel plating adds an extra layer of material and can have an impact on the design. We are not in control of how much plating is added. This can effect the functionality of the puzzle. The V3 is much more accurate and as intended as we can machine these at HQ.
Q) What do the colours mean?
A) Each colour represents the Revomaze’s difficulty level. The Beginner set, for example, has similar colours that distinguish them as Starter puzzles. Colors, on the other hand, seldom determine the Revomaze’s difficulty level. If you are unsure about purchasing, please contact the Revomaze team first. We would be pleased to provide assistance to those who need it.
Q I’m a beginner, which Revomaze should I start with?
A) For those new to Revomaze, we suggest starting with Aqua. For a move up from Aqua, depending on your trust level, the Turquoise is a little trickier and sits between the Aqua and the Blue. We’ve grouped the Beginner levels into packs, which is a great place to start and save money!
Q) What is a trap?
A) Don’t be alarmed if you hear a “click” from the deeper channel where the pin has fallen. The ‘deeper channel,’ also known as the reset line, is where the maze begins. This means you’ll have to go back to the beginning because this is a pit! Traps are cunning, and they can startle you. When you get more familiar with the puzzle, you’ll learn to carefully turn the shaft from various angles.
Q) Can I return my Revomaze and what is the procedure?
A) First and foremost, if you wish to return your Revomaze, please contact a member of the team and we will be happy to assist you. When the puzzle has been returned to Revomaze HQ, it will be evaluated. This evaluation will decide if the puzzle was harmed as a result of a User Error or a Manufacturing Error, and we will keep you informed of the results. For more details, see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Q) What’s the best way to clean my Revomaze core?
A) Information for beginners & FAQ from the Revomaze forum provided cleaning instructions for the Revomaze puzzle.
- Old toothbrush and washing up liquid – pour some onto the shaft and give it s good clean all in the tracks. If you have tarnish on the shaft I use Autosol chrome cleaner paste – put a small amount on a tissue and remove the tarnish. Do this before washing with the toothbrush.
2. Allow to drain and dry (I use a hair dryer). Using a pencil, I push a small ball of tissue through the shaft centre to make sure its clean. Same process with the draw and pins.
3. The sleeve, I use WD40 and a soft polishing cloth (try to keep the label at 12 o’clock to ensure the spring does not come out. Use your nail (yuk) or a cocktail stick between the outer sleeve grooves before the WD40.
4. Next push a wad of tissue through the centre. I then use 3-in-1 bike oil inside the sleeve place a small drip on both ends. Use your finger to spread the oil inside the sleeve and then pass the wad through again to ensure not too much oil is left on.
5. Once dry, reassemble the shaft as per instructions (if you wish to add a drop of oil, I suggest the drop goes in the first entrance. Once assembled – quick polish on the sleeve and you puzzle is as good as new.
Q) I’ve solved my Revomaze and have the V3 core, how do I retrieve my certificate?
A) If you have a V1 Revomaze, the shaft should become loose after the puzzle is solved, and the certificate will be wrapped around the drawbar that resides within the shaft. The certificate is still present on the V3 Revomaze, but you’ll need a 1.5mm hex screwdriver to unscrew the grub screw. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Q) I am thinking about buying my first Revomaze, is there anything else I should buy with it?
A) Of course! We strongly encourage you to purchase the Hex Screwdriver, as it is an excellent tool for retrieving your certificate. The Black Puzzle Pouch to secure your Revomaze and a Training Aid to assist you in solving the Revomaze are two other accessories to consider.
Have we covered everything you needed to know? Please do not hesitate to contact us if your question has not been answered.